For many weightlifters, sports stars, and athletes, testosterone boosters have become a popular supplement for increasing muscle mass and strength and creating a leaner, more chiseled physique. Let’s take a closer look at testosterone, testosterone boosters, and figure out if they truly work.
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone and estrogen are your body’s two main sex hormones. Men produce more testosterone, while women create more estrogen, but both hormones are necessary to the health and wellbeing in men and women.
Testosterone is best known for its role in puberty. In adult men, testosterone has been shown to affect the development of bone and muscle mass, the production of red blood cells, and how your body stores fat. Testosterone is also necessary to maintaining mood.
The Effects of Low Testosterone
In men, testosterone production is at its peak during and immediately after puberty. However, once you reach the age of 30, your testosterone levels may begin to take a dip. Testosterone production is also affected by stress and certain chronic diseases, including:
- Kidney disease
- Cirrhosis of the liver
Low testosterone has a variety of effects on nearly all aspects of your health. Some studied effects of low testosterone include:
- Reduced energy
- Weight gain (fat)
- Depression and general moodiness
- Thinner, more brittle bones
- Less hair on the body
- Lower confidence and self-esteem
Testosterone boosters can also have added health benefits for athletes. Taking testosterone supplements may help you build bigger muscles and improve strength while reducing your recovery times, allowing you to hit the gym sooner, longer and stronger!
How Testosterone Boosters Work
Testosterone boosters generally work in two different ways. Some compounds boost testosterone levels by directly increasing the amount of the chemical that your body produces.
Other supplements increase testosterone are considered “anti-estrogen.” Your body naturally secretes an enzyme known as aromatase. In healthy men, aromatase exists throughout the brain, skin, and muscle tissues. The main role of aromatase is in the synthesis of estrogen. While you need a balance of estrogen and testosterone, aromatase may potentially cause an imbalance. Aromatase converts androgens, primarily testosterone, into estrogen. An estimated 20 percent of the testosterone in your bloodstream gets turned into estrogen by aromatase.
In reality, many anti-estrogen supplements are actually aromatase inhibiting supplements. By blocking aromatase, your body stops turning testosterone into estrogen, leaving you with a larger supply of testosterone.
What Does a Testosterone Booster Do?
If you have a testosterone deficiency, increasing testosterone will help to normalize nearly all processes in your body, but boosting your already normal testosterone levels can have a major impact on your health and performance. Some effects of boosting your testosterone include:
- Increased muscle with less fat – The main benefit for many athletes and bodybuilders, boosting testosterone has been found to increase muscle and strength while burning fat at the same time. Studies show that testosterone supplementation contributes to leaner muscle mass, giving you a leaner and more toned look.
- Improved heart health – Studies show that testosterone supports production of red blood cells, providing more oxygen to your organs and muscles.
- Stronger bones – As you get older, your testosterone levels go down, leading to a decrease in bone density. This not only increases your risk of osteoporosis and generally weak bones, but also prevents you from maintaining your athletic performance. Bones are a key to supporting strong muscles and healthy organs. Clinical trials show that increasing testosterone simultaneously increases bone density.
- Improved cognitive abilities – Research suggests a strong correlation between high testosterone and improved cognitive abilities, including spatial reasoning, verbal memory, mathematical reasoning, and general processing speed. In the gym, this can equate to better focus, allowing for better workouts.
- Improved mood – Low testosterone is associated with mental fatigue, depression, and irritability. Men with low testosterone who took supplements showed improved mood, wellbeing, and mental health. This can equate to greater confidence and self-esteem in and out of the gym.
Testosterone Boosters That Work
If you’re wondering how to boost testosterone, there are a wide range of supplements, compounds, foods and ingredients purported to increase testosterone levels. Knowing which ingredients are effective not only ensures that you get the results you want, but also prevents the potential for any adverse reactions to your health. Some of the most common test boosters that work include:
- Paederia foetida – Alternately known as Chinese fever vine and Gandha Prasarani, Paederia foetida is an herb commonly used in the Ayurvedic healing tradition. Studies have shown increased secretion of testosterone, suggesting that it may help to enhance vitality and vigor in men. Studies also suggest that the herb has some antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Brassaiopsis glomerulata – Brassaiopsis glomerulata is a species of tree that is indigenous to Vietnam. In its traditional usage, the tree proved to be an effective treatment for back pain and rheumatism in elderly patients, but today, extracts from the plant are used as an effective aromatase inhibitor. Studies show that the plant actually contains several aromatase inhibiting compounds, thereby preventing the conversion of testosterone to estrogen and increasing natural testosterone levels.
- Acacetin – An organic compound found in various plants, acacetin has been found to act as an aromatase regulator, supporting more testosterone over estrogen.
Are Testosterone Boosters Effective?
Do test boosters actually work? The general answer is yes, but the effectiveness of any testosterone booster ultimately comes down to the formulation of the supplement. Make sure you do your research and only use ingredients that are backed by scientific data. Be wary of any proprietary formulas or blends that may under-dose their key ingredients, preventing the results you need.
MYOKEM™ offers two workout supplements designed to boost testosterone. Magnitropin™ is an elite testosterone booster that can improve your strength, accelerate your muscle mass production, increase endurance, fuel your appetite, and improve your overall athletic performance. AlphaDex™ is an estrogen blocker that can effectively increase your testosterone production by inhibiting aromatase. This results in hard, defined muscles, increased strength, and greater stamina.
All of our supplements undergo numerous stages of research, testing, and clinical trials to ensure safety, quality, and efficient results. We give you a full list of all of the nutrition information and ingredients in each formula so that you know exactly what is going in your body. We want to give you all the information that you need so that you can make an informed decision and fully achieve your personal fitness goals.
Try Magnitropin™ or AlphaDex™ today. If you have any questions about our testosterone boosting supplements, please don’t hesitate to fill out our contact form.