Amino acids serve as the foundation for many metabolic processes. They transport and store nutrients to help limit the risk of diabetes, insomnia, obesity and other metabolic diseases. In addition, branched-chain amino acid supplements (BCAAS) have been shown to help safeguard the muscles against the catabolic effects of dieting, making them exceedingly valuable to bodybuilders.
Although many BCAAS are available, mTOR PRO™ delivers 5.0 g BCAAS 2:1:1 for optimal effectiveness. mTOR PRO™ contains 10.5 g of essential amino acids per serving to help you increase bodybuilding performance and hydration, improve your recovery time after intense exercise and much more.
Try MYOKEM’s elite mTOR activating BCAA and EAA recovery matrix m-TOR PRO Use code: BCAA10 to save 10% off mTOR PRO today!
What Are Amino Acids?
Amino acids are organic compounds that provide the building blocks of protein. They make up the majority of cells, muscles and tissues in the body. Amino acids also influence the function of arteries, glands, organs and tendons and serve as intermediates in myriad metabolic processes.
The body uses amino acids to perform numerous functions, including:
- Break down food
- Stimulate growth and development
- Administer energy throughout the body
- Heal wounds and repair body tissue, particularly in the muscles, bones, skin and hair
- Remove waste deposits produced in conjunction with the metabolism
There are three groups of amino acids:
- Essential Amino Acids (EAAS): You cannot survive without EAAS. These amino acids come from food and cannot be made by the body. There are nine EAAS: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine.
- Non-Essential Amino Acids: The body produces non-essential amino acids on its own. Thus, you will be able to receive amino acids even if they are not in the food you eat.
- Conditional Amino Acids: These amino acids are non-essential except in times of illness and stress. The most common conditional amino acids include cysteine, glutamine and tyrosine.
More than 200 different amino acids exist and deliver a wide range of benefits, including:
- Joint and Tendon Support: The combination of L-methionine and L-arginine with glucosamine, chondroitin, omega-3 and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) has been used to treat arthritis.
- Improved Immune System: Antibodies, i.e. large, Y-shaped proteins that help the immune system neutralize bacteria, pathogens and viruses, consist primarily of amino acids. Meanwhile, if you lack L-glutamine, L-arginine and L-cysteine, your immune system may be more susceptible to harmful microorganisms than ever before.
- Increased Weight Loss: L-carnitine and BCAAS help the body preserve muscle tissue. The amino acids ensure the body can maintain muscle and help dieters achieve their immediate and long-term weight loss goals.
- Enhanced Muscle Strength and Stamina: BCAAS and L-leucine drive muscle growth. As such, they can help you increase muscle strength and stamina, along with promote accelerated muscle recovery and enhanced muscle maintenance after exercise.
- Improved Hair, Skin and Nails: L-arginine, L-methionine, L-cysteine, L-lysine, L-glycine and L-proline have been shown to help fight hair loss. They also can help you enhance the appearance of the skin and nails.
- Increased Sperm Quality: Amino acids such as L-arginine, L-carnitine and L-cysteine can improve sperm quality. These amino acids can play an important role in boosting male fertility.
- Anti-Aging Support: L-cysteine, L-glutathione and L-carnitine serve as powerful antioxidants that delay certain types of cell damage. These amino acids can safeguard the cells against oxidative stress due to free radicals, atoms or groups of atoms that can cause chain reactions at the cellular level that damage the immune system.
- Improved Sleep and Mood: Effective management of L-tryptophan levels may make it easier for you to enjoy consistent sleep. As a result, you can remain sharp during workouts.
- Natural Anti-Inflammation Support: BCAAS, L-glutamine and L-glycine strengthen the immune system, minimizing the risks associated with inflammatory diseases and chronic pain.
- Menopause Support: Magnesium, phytoestrogens and L-arginine can help reduce hot flashes and reduce menopause symptoms.
- Blood Sugar Management: L-arginine and L-carnitine help improve blood sugar regulation. These amino acids can help you reduce the risk of diabetes as well.
- Reduced Cholesterol: Several studies have indicated L-arginine, L-carnitine and taurine can help individuals reduce their cholesterol levels.
Ideally, you should try to balance your consumption of essential and non-essential amino acids over the course of a day. This will allow you to enjoy the right combination of essential and non-essential amino acids to stimulate protein development.
What Are BCAAS?
BCAAS are found in eggs, meat and other foods that contain protein. These supplements can stimulate muscle protein synthesis (MPS) and muscle growth.
Exercise reduces glycogen, and as glycogen stores decrease, the body will look to proteins and amino acids as a fuel source. This leads many athletes to use BCAAS as a readily available fuel source to prevent fatigue.
When you exercise, a tryptophan influx into the brain may occur, followed by serotonin production that leads to fatigue. However, BCAAS slow down serotonin production and prevents serum decline that can make you feel more tired as a workout progresses.
Ultimately, BCAAS deliver support in four key areas:
- Improved Exercise Performance
BCAAS reduce serotonin levels in the body to help you minimize fatigue and enhance exercise performance. In fact, various studies have indicated BCAAS promote improved exercise performance.
Men’s Fitness points out a 1998 study of bicyclists indicated respondents who ingested a BCAA were able to cycle longer than those who did not. Also, a recent Japanese study of athletes showed respondents who consumed a BCAA mixture during a one-month training period saw their blood oxygen-carrying capacity increase.
- Reduced Muscle Breakdown
BCAAS are metabolized mainly in skeletal muscles. They can help repair damaged muscle and reduce muscle soreness, ensuring you can further accelerate muscle growth.
According to Men’s Fitness, a 2006 study of BCAA supplementation revealed BCAA intake promotes an anabolic hormone profile and minimizes the risk of muscle damage during exercise. Furthermore, a Japanese study revealed both men and women who were given BCAAS reported less soreness after performing squats.
- Enhanced Muscle Maintenance
With BCAAS, an individual can reduce the rate of protein breakdown. BCAAS decrease the activity of components of the protein breakdown pathway and the expression of several complexes involved in protein breakdown.
BCAAS stimulate protein synthesis and increase synthesis of the cells that carry out protein synthesis. Therefore, BCAAS boost the rate of protein synthesis as well as increase the cell’s capacity for protein synthesis for enhanced muscle maintenance.
- Increased Workout Intensity
For those who want to feel the burn during a workout, BCAAS are ideal. The supplements compete with tryptophan for entry into the brain and may help you enjoy a more intense workout.
Tryptophan is converted into serotonin in the brain. Although serotonin serves as a natural chemical that helps regulate bowel movements and functions, it also can increase the perception of fatigue during exercise. As your serotonin levels increase during a workout, you may start to feel more tired.
BCAAS help reduce tryptophan that enters the brain, limiting serotonin production. The supplements can help you work out harder and longer to ensure you get the best results.
What Amino Acids Make Up BCAAs?
There are three types of BCAAS:
Leucine serves as the primary BCAA and stimulates MPS. It activates the mTOR protein that induces MPS via ribosomal protein S6 kinase beta-1 (S6K).
Unlike other types of BCAAS, leucine has been studied extensively. Researchers have found leucine can increase protein synthesis after meals. Leucine also has been shown to promote muscle growth in individuals who previously lacked sufficient protein intake and elderly people who suffer impaired protein synthesis due to dietary issues.
Leucine features blood sugar-reducing properties. It can release insulin from the pancreas as well as stimulate glucose uptake into a cell without insulin.
The recommended dosage of leucine ranges from 2,000-5,000 mg. Leucine usually can be taken on its own or as part of a meal.
Isoleucine promotes glucose consumption and uptake. It also has been shown to function as an anti-catabolic agent.
When comparing the muscle protein synthesis abilities of isoleucine to valine and leucine, isoleucine is stronger than valine but much weaker than leucine. Conversely, isoleucine outperforms both leucine and beta-Hydroxy beta-methylbutyric acid (HMB) in terms of glucose uptake into muscle cells.
The recommended dosage of isoleucine ranges from 22-33 mg/lb. Isoleucine from food products is bioactive, so lower doses of isoleucine can be taken with meals.
Valine works in combination with leucine and isoleucine and helps stimulate the central nervous system and supports the mental function. The supplement provides the muscles with additional glucose for energy production during intense physical activity to prevent muscle breakdown.
Other ways that valine supports the body include:
- Tissue repair
- Blood sugar regulation
- Removal of excess nitrogen from the liver
Valine has been used to treat both liver and gallbladder disease, along with organs that have been damaged by alcohol and drug abuse. It may even help treat or reverse the effects of hepatic encephalopathy (alcohol-related brain damage).
Moreover, valine is commonly found in meats, dairy products and peanuts. It also is available as a stand-alone supplement that should be taken in conjunction with leucine and isoleucine.
Many BCAA supplements contain leucine, valine and isoleucine with a 2:1:1 ratio. This ratio indicates that for every 2 g of leucine, the supplement provides 1 g of valine and 1 g of isoleucine. The 2:1:1 ratio of these amino acids has been studied comprehensively, and research indicates this ratio of BCAAS may help athletes improve the absorption of some amino acids by up to 66 percent.
The 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, valine and isoleucine in assorted BCAAS has been shown to help bodybuilders increase energy and reduce fatigue. If you take these BCAAS with a 2:1:1 ratio before, during and/or after workouts, you may be able to accelerate MPS and muscle growth.
What Are the Differences Between BCAAS and EAAS?
BCAAs are comprised of EAAS and promote:
- Maintenance of muscle tissue
- Preservation of glycogen stores in the body
- Prevention of muscle protein breakdown during exercise
Many studies have shown BCAAS supplementation can boost the amount of nitrogen stored in the muscle. This helps reduce the loss of lean muscle tissue after strenuous exercise, along with speed up recovery time and aid muscle growth and repair.
Comparatively, EAAS are vital for muscle tissue development and cell repair when the muscles are recovering.
While BCAAS are the “light switch” to turn on MPS, EAAS are the actual “electrical current” to make electricity happen. BCAAS without EAAS present will not drive muscle growth. Instead, BCAAS will prime the body to promote muscle growth, but you will still need the other building blocks, i.e. EAAS, to build actual tissue.
EAAS are “essential” because they cannot be produced by the body. If you fail to consume sufficient amounts of EAAS, your body will not be able to optimize the nutrients from protein sources that are consumed. This will prevent you from synthesizing new muscle tissue to the highest possible degree.
All BCAAS are EAAS, but not all EAAS are BCAAS. BCAAS consist of three EAAS that support muscle growth and repair, and studies have indicated BCAAS are crucial after workouts to accelerate the recovery cycle.
mTOR PRO™ is a powerful BCAA supplement that features a combination of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and EAAS. It is designed to help athletes defy limitations and was developed over several years of clinical testing and scientific study.
mTOR PRO™ offers many benefits, including:
- Increased muscle recovery and repair
- Improved physical endurance
- Better overall athletic performance
mTOR PRO™ is the first supplement on the market to use the time-released form of leucine known as ActiveTR™, a patented nutraceutical ingredient that has been shown to improve the health and performance of individuals.
Essentially, ActiveTR™ allows you to receive two doses of leucine for optimal MPS. Leucine moves in and out of the body relatively quickly, and ActiveTR™ releases leucine into the bloodstream as a function of time. It allows you to get a second 3 g dose of leucine roughly two to three hours after leucine is initially released into the bloodstream to enhance MPS and muscle mass.
In a recent study, ActiveTR™ helped athletes maximize MPS approximately two hours after ingestion, a significant response to an anabolic stimulus. ActiveTR™ also has the potential to attenuate muscle wasting during immobilization.
Each ingredient of mTOR PRO™ has been studied during years of trials to ensure safety and deliver proven results. Together, the components of mTOR PRO™ have been shown to enhance the product’s effectiveness and provide significant benefits.
How Does mTOR PRO™ Work?
mTOR PRO™ is an active mTOR signaler. mTOR, the mechanistic target of rapamycin, is an enzyme that is encoded into human genes. It connects with other proteins and becomes a core component of mTOR complex 1 and complex 2, two distinct protein complexes. When your body uses mTOR, it triggers cells for division, growth and repair. This results in increased muscle growth and energy production, along with various cognitive benefits.
mTOR PRO™ is a safe, effective and unique BCAA supplement. It promotes the synthesis of muscle proteins to drive increased muscle growth and helps athletes improve endurance and prevent fatigue.
The Ingredients in mTOR PRO™
The components in mTOR PRO™ feature complement one another to enhance athletic recovery and performance. The active ingredients in mTOR PRO™ include:
- L-Leucine – Serves as the main BCAA. L-leucine is the most potent activator of mTOR. It has been shown to stimulate protein synthesis.
- L-Isoleucine – Increases glucose uptake and the usage of glucose during exercise.
- L-Valine – Supports the central nervous system and is essential for proper mental functioning.
- ActiveTR™ – Has been clinically proven to enhance the health and performance of individuals. ActiveTR™ is a vital ingredient for sports nutrition.
- AstraGin™ – Consists of highly fractionated Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng. Studies have shown AstraGin™ may improve the absorption of amino acids and other key nutrients in the body by up to 66 percent.
- L-Lysine – Helps improve athletic performance. L-lysine is commonly used to make medicine.
- L-Threonine – Assists in the construction of proteins. L-threonine is biologically active in humans.
- L-Phenylalanine – Serves as one of many building blocks of protein. L-phenylalanine often is found in eggs, fish and meat and is an EAAS.
- L-Methionine – Has been shown to help prevent liver damage. L-methionine plays a key role in many cell functions.
Why Should You Choose MYOKEM™?
MYOKEM™ was formed in 2014 with a simple mission: to provide superior dietary supplements to help you meet or exceed your workout goals. We have spent years researching and developing our unique and effective line of bodybuilding, fat burning and muscle recovery supplements. We use safe, effective ingredients in our formulas to provide the best dietary supplements. Unlike other misleading supplement brands who hide behind proprietary blends, we provide fully disclosed labels on every MYOKEM™ product, so you’ll and know exactly what our dietary supplements include and the dose.
mTOR PRO™ features a unique blend of ingredients to ensure you absorb a statistically significant amount of amino acids to help power your body and increase your physical potential with each serving.
If you have any questions about our company or would like to learn more about the best BCAA supplement, please contact us today by filling out our contact form.