Shaun Clarida

The Giant Killer

He is one of the most underrated pro bodybuilders in the IFBB. Shaun has faced an uphill battle being told multiple times along his career path that he cannot do it. The nickname “Giant Killer” was given to him because of his insane conditioning and symmetry. He brings the “old school” look of aesthetics and symmetry back from the days of Lee Haney and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Expect him to continue down the path of success, taking down one mass monster after the next in the process.

"As a young kid growing up, I was heavily involved with sports and activities. I played on many teams; Little League baseball, Bowling, Basketball and eventually wrestling. For nearly 10 years of my life, I was a member of the Boy’s Scouts of America. I enjoyed being active and pursuing new adventures; all of those things which made me the competitive person I am today.

I began getting into weight training my junior year of high school when I joined the high school wrestling team. I wasnt the biggest guy nor the tallest, so I wanted to add a bit of muscle to my 103lb frame and decided the gym was the best option. However, it wasnt until I reached college where I got serious and understood the concept of proper weight training and nutrition. My college wrestling coach insisted that I put on weight if I wanted a chance to wrestle at the 125lbs weight class. Being 5’2″, 110lbs wasnt going to cut it. From that day forward, I hit the gym hard everyday and pounded the food and slowly my weight increased.

In the midst of everything, I met a bodybuilder in my gym and he convinced me that my physique was good enough to win a bodybuilding contest. Hesistant at first, I agreed to let him train me for the show and three months later I competed at my first contest,  The NPC Mid-Atlantic Championships, where I placed 3rd out of 5 and it was then that I was instantly bit by the bug. I quit wrestling and focused soley on bodybuilding from that day forward.

Here I am now, 28 shows, both locally and internationally under my belt and an IFBB Professional Bodybuilder. When I began this journey, it was never my goal to become a pro bodybuilder nor a great bodybuilder. I was excited about trying a new challenge and never in a million years did I think that accepting that challenge would amount to where I am today.  I’m truly grateful and excited for how great my career has been thus far and the opportunities I’ve received. However, I’m even more excited for what the future holds for myself and my career."